(documented or estimated)
In 1910, Gebr. Hammer started producing tennis rackets. A fire inferno destroyed almost all of the production facilities at the Bad Mergentheim plant, in 1931. The company was subsequently rebuilt and became one of the largest manufacturers of its time. In 1936, when the National Socialists were abusing the Olympic Games and the entire German sports scene for their political messages, Hammer manufactured the special model shown here from the successful "Tauberperle" series, which was emblazoned with the imperial eagle, on Adolf Hitler's "order". Probably a one-off.